Dear WCD Member,
Please join us on March 26-29, 2020 at Lake Austin Spa Resort for our 3rd annual Women Corporate Directors retreat.
A number of people have already indicated their interest in attending after our previous email. We have room for more participants this year in either single or double rooms.
Action required to RSVP and confirm your attendance:
- By October 15th, please call Carley Castillo, Lake Austin Spa Social Group Sales Manager at 512-372-7281 to make a $1000 deposit and full payment will be automatically collected 14 days before arrival. If you cancel 60 days before arrival, you will receive a full refund of the deposit. Deposits for reservations cancelled 30-59 days prior to arrival will be held for one year as a credit for a new stay booked at the applicable rate. Cancellations occurring 30 days or less will be full forfeiture of the total package price. If you can only stay two of the three nights, it is advisable to notify the spa 60 days in advance.
- Advise Carley whether you want a double room at $1,897.02 per person ($632.34 per night per shared room), or a single room at $2288.16 ($762.72 per night). Note that an additional $100 per person will be added for cocktail and wine services for the group.
- Please also advise Laureen Hicks (firstname.lastname@example.org) when you have made your downpayment with Lake Austin Spa.
If you have any questions, please contact Melody Meyer at MelodyMeyerEnergy@gmail.com or 281-788-0343.
I hope to see you there!!
Attached below is additional information:
We are pleased to offer a unique opportunity for enhanced networking with your colleagues in WCD. In addition to our quarterly dinners, we have hosted this retreat for two years, with our participation growing each year. It is a great opportunity to develop deeper insights from colleagues on public boards and strengthen relationships. The extraordinary venue at Lake Austin Spa is also an outstanding opportunity to focus on your personal health and well being. It is a great investment in yourself- both rejuvenating and reinvigorating.
- Lake Austin Spa Resort, 1705 S. Quinlan Park Road, Austin Texas. For more information, please review the Lake Austin Spa Resort’s website ( www.lakeaustin.com)
- March 26-29, 2020 - Arriving Thursday afternoon, departing Sunday morning – drive time is about 3 hours from Houston
- Three night stay price, all inclusive of meals and extensive fitness classes and facilities is $1,897.02 per person ($632.34 per night per shared room) and $2288.16 for single person room ($762.72 per night).
- An additional amount of $100 will be added per person for a pre-dinner cocktail hour wine service that we anticipate will cover the three nights as we will no longer bring our own beverages.
Room rates include:
- Casually elegant accommodations, with relaxing patios and luxury robes
- Use of spa facilities such as sauna, steam room, whirlpool, lap pool and 2 lounge pools
- Daily activities such as yoga, Pilates, fitness facilities, exercise classes, cooking demonstrations, hiking, kayaking and discovery programs
- 3 gourmet spa meals per day – healthy and fresh and great way to jump-start healthy eating
- The rooms work well for sharing and have been very effective for sharing with colleagues that don’t know each other. WCD would pair attendees if you don’t have a preferred roommate.
- The Spa services would be paid A La Carte and you are encouraged to sign up for services before arrival.
- Attendees would be asked to prepare insights on several topics for discussion in the evenings. We will ask WCD members to share their insights and perspectives with each other.
Lake Austin Spa Resort’s ( www.lakeaustin.com ) unique offering:
- With only 40 rooms in total, we can lather you with undivided attention or give your group the privacy desired in the resort experience.
- We are the only destination spa resort located on water. Lake Austin Spa Resort is a constant level lake, so we never have to worry about weather conditions diminishing the water level.
- We offer outdoor water activities (e.g.) hydro-biking, kayaking, sculling, Peddle-boarding (unique to Lake Austin Spa Resort), SUP (stand-up paddle boarding) and a boat cruise on a year round basis.
- We offer 17-20 fitness classes, daily activities, culinary demonstrations, guest speakers and authors. Attached is a copy of an upcoming schedule as an example.
- We offer seasonal ingredients and vegetables in all our menus, growing many of our herbs and vegetables in our own onsite organic gardens. We can truly be considered a garden to table property with unique daily specials and ingredients that have been farmed from our gardens within hours of being on your plate.
- We have 3 pool areas. 2 outdoor pools and one indoor pool.
- Our Lakehouse Spa is 25,000 square feet of simple pleasure and relaxation. The blue room is a unique relaxing area for our guests to experience prior to treatments.
- We offer over 100 different treatments, so everyone within your group will have the chance to experience treatments that can be customized to the individual. Spa Menu & Brochures of Info.
- Overnight guests have the pleasure of experiencing treatments up until they go to bed. Appointment times for 50 minute treatments until 9pm.
We hope you can attend this outstanding networking event and ultimate retreat!!
Melody Meyer, Dorothy Ables, Co-Chairs of Women Corporate Directors Houston