Sunday, May 19, 2019
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
WCD Leaders Meeting
*Advisory Board Members and Chapter Chairs only
Location: Santa Clara Marriott
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Welcome Dinner at the Tech Museum of Innovation
Opening: Susan C. Keating (United States), CEO, WCD Foundation
A conversation with Valerie Jarrett (United States), Director, Ariel Investments, LLC, 2U and Lyft; former Senior Advisor to President Obama
Interviewed by: Robin L. Washington (United States), Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Gilead Sciences, Inc.; Director, Honeywell International and Salesforce.com
Monday, May 20, 2019
7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Registration and Networking
*Light continental breakfast
7:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1. WCD’s 2019 Private and Family Company Governance Institute
Location: HPE Room: Adison 1-2-3
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
2. HPE: Emerging Tech Trends Directors Need to Know About
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
3. Pearl Meyer: Postcards from the Edge of Compensation: Is Your Board Leading or Following?
Location: HPE, Executive Business Center
8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
4. KPMG: Aspiring Directors Summit: Strategies to Secure a Board Seat
Location: Marriott; Room: Sedona
12:00 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.
Closing of the Luncheon
- Kapila Anand (Moderator) (United States), Director, Extended Stay America, Inc., ESH Hospitality, Omega Healthcare Investors, and Elanco Animal Health; Retired Partner and Senior Advisor, KPMG LLP; Lead Director, WCD Foundation; WCD Chapter Chair
1:00 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.
Opening of Global Institute
- Susan C. Keating (United States), CEO, WCD Foundation
1:10 p.m. - 1:55 p.m.
A Conversation With:
- Maggie Wilderotter (United States), Director, Cadence Design Systems, Costco Wholesale Corporation, DocuSign, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Lyft, and Tanium; WCD Member, Advisory Board Member and 2016 Visionary Award Winner
- Interviewed by: Jennifer Temple (United States), Chief Communications Officer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
1:55 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.
2:10 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Panel 1: It’s About Time: Sisters Doing it for Themselves in Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Nancy Pfund (Moderator) (United States), Founder and Managing Partner, DBL Partners; Director, Farmers Business Network, The Daily Muse, Inc., Advanced Microgrid Solutions, Off-Grid Electric, PowerGenix Corp., and Primus Power; WCD Chapter Chair
- Julie Maples (United States), Co-founder and General Partner, FYRFLY Venture Partners
- Hollie Moore Haynes (United States), Founder and Managing Partner, Luminate Capital Partners
- Cynthia Ringo (United States), Partner, DBL Partners
- Shally Shanker (United States), Founder and Managing Partner, AiiM Partners Fund
3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
3:15 p.m. – 3:55 p.m.
A Conversation with Claudio Del Vecchio (Italy), Chairman and CEO of Brooks Brothers Group, Inc.; Director, National Retail Federation
Interviewed by: Marina Brogi (Italy), Director, Mediaset and Salini Impregilo; Full Professor of International Banking and Capital Markets, Sapienza University; WCD Family Business Co-chair, WCD Chapter Chair and WCD Advisory Board Member
3:55 p.m. – 4:05 p.m.
4:05 p.m. – 4:55 p.m.
Panel 2: DEBATE: Do Legislated Quotas Work; Should the U.S. Continue to Adopt Them?
- Deborah Hopkins (Moderator) (United States), Director, Deep Instinct, Marsh and McLennan, Union Pacific, and Virtusa
- Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire (United States), CEO, 2020 Women on Boards and CEO, Berkhemer Clayton, Inc.; WCD Member
- Sarah Payne (United States), Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Mylena Pierremont (Netherlands), Board Member, World Future Society, French Foreign Trade Advisor, WINCHE; WCD Chapter Chair
- Ana Zambelli (Brazil), Director, Petrobras; WCD Member
4:50 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Closing Day 1
5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Visionary Awards Reception (at the Santa Clara Marriott)
7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Visionary Awards Dinner (at the Santa Clara Marriott)
*Cocktail or business attire
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
7:45 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Registration and Breakfast
Sponsored by Pearl Meyer
9:00 a.m. - 9:05 a.m.
Opening of Day 2
Nancy Calderon (United States), Global Lead Partner, KPMG LLP; Director, Global Delivery Center, Ltd., KPMG India; Director, WCD Foundation; Co-author of Women on Board
9:05 a.m. - 9:55 a.m.
Panel 3: Culture Shock-Board Oversight in a #MeToo Era
- Vanessa Griffith (United States), Partner, Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Ora Fisher (United States), Vice Chair, Latham & Watkins
- Rita O'Neill (United States) (Moderator), Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Ana Paula Pessoa (Brazil), Former Chief Financial Officer, Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games; Director, Crédit Suisse, News Corp. and Vinci; Member of the Consulting Board for TNC Brasil (The Nature Conservancy); Chair and Partner of Kunumi Technologies; WCD Member
- Wendy Webb (United States), Director, Wynn Resorts, ABM Industries, American Homes; WCD Member
9:55 a.m. – 10:10 a.m.
10:10 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.
A Conversation with Jim Coulter (United States), Partner and Co-CEO, TPG Capital LP; Director, J. Crew Group, Philz Coffee, and Rodan + Fields LLC
Interviewed by Debbie Messemer (United States), Director, Carbon 3D, Allogene Therapeutics, PayPal Holdings, Retired Managing Partner, KPMG LLP; WCD Member
10:50 a.m. – 11:05 a.m.
11:05 a.m. - 11:55 p.m.
Panel 4: Augmented Intelligence, Friend or Foe?
- Nancy Calderon (United States), Global Lead Partner, KPMG LLP; Director, Global Delivery Center, Ltd., KPMG India; Director, WCD Foundation; Co-author of Women on Board
- Nelda Connors (United States), Director, Delphi Technologies, Enersys, Echo Global Logistics, and Boston Scientific Corp; WCD Member
- Emma Maconick (United States) (Moderator), Partner, Shearman and Sterling
- Maureen K. Ohlhausen (United States), Partner, Baker Botts; former Acting Chair of the Federal Trade Commission
12:05 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Keynote: Maria Olide (United States), CFO, Farmers Business Network, Inc.
Interviewed by: Theo Schwabacher (United States), Executive Director, Morgan Stanley; WCD Chapter Chair, Advisory Board Member, and 2019 Global Institute Co-chair
1:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
1:30 p.m. - 2:20 p.m.
Building a diverse board - WCD convenes thought leaders to drive change
- Kapila Anand (Moderator) (United States), Director, Extended Stay America, Inc., ESH Hospitality, Omega Healthcare Investors, and Elanco Animal Health, Inc.; Retired Partner and Senior Advisor, KPMG LLP; Lead Director, WCD Foundation; and WCD Chapter Chair
- Susan Angele (United States), Senior Advisor, Board Governance, KPMG; WCD Member
- Julie Daum (United States), North American Board Practice Leader, Spencer Stuart; Director, Seacoast Banking Corporation; WCD Advisory Board Member
- Ben Holzemer (United States) Partner and Head of Global Human Capital, TPG Capital, L.P.
- Gaby Sulzberger (United States), Co-founder, Rustic Canyon/Fontis Partners LP; Director, MasterCard and Brixmor Property Group; WCD Advisory Board Member
2:20 p.m. – 2:35 p.m.
2:35 p.m. - 3:25 p.m.
Panel 5: What will Transportation Look Like 2020 - 2030?
- Evelyn Dilsaver (Moderator) (United States), Director, Bailard, Inc., HealthEquity, Inc., Tempur Sealy International; WCD Advisory Board Member and 2019 Global Institute Co-chair
- Nikhil Goel (United States), Head of Product for Aviation, Uber
- Raquel Girvin (United States), Executive Policy Advisor, Federal Aviation Administration
- Natalie Halich (United States), Chief Investment Officer, Infrastructure and Natural Resources, International Finance Corporation
- Kenny Vassigh (United States), Chief Systems Architect, NASA Ames Research Center, Technology and Product Development Advisor and Mentor, Bay Angels
3:25 p.m. – 3:40 p.m.
3:40 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Panel 6: From Global Payments to Patient Records- The Growing Applications for Blockchain
- Tegan Keele (Moderator) (United States), Director & US Blockchain Program Lead, KPMG
- Cheemin Bo-Linn (Moderator) (United States), CEO and President of Peritus Partners Inc.; Director, Sphere3d and Snomed International; WCD Chapter Chair
- Matthew Le Merle (United States), Co-founder and Managing Partner of Fifth Era and of Keiretsu Capital; Investor and Board Director; Speaker and Author
- Mario Nava (European Union), Director of the European Commission’s Directorate General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union
- Asha Vellaikal (United States), Managing Director & Global Head of Digital Labs for Marsh, Marsh & McLennan
4:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
4:45 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
How to Raise Successful People: A Conversation With
- Esther Wojcicki (United States), Chief Learning Officer, Planet3; Author, How to Raise Successful People: Simple Lessons for Radical Results
Interviewed by Davia Temin (United States), President and CEO, Temin and Company; Board Member of Swarthmore College and Advisor to other university boards; WCD Member
5:15 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Close and Video
5:40 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Group Networking Reception
5:40 p.m. - 6:10 p.m.
Optional: Conversation with IFC on Nominee Directorship Program
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Group Dinner at HPE
Closing Day 2
Wednesday, May 22, 2019: Silicon Valley Live! Tour Top Tech Companies or attend WCD's Launch Zone!
7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Breakfast with Keynote (at the Santa Clara Marriott)
Anu Aiyengar (United States) Head of Mergers & Acquisitions (North America) Investment Banking, JPMorgan Chase & Co.; WCD Member
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Silicon Valley Live! Tour Top Tech Companies or attend Launch Zone!
Launch Zone Location: Marriot – Salon 5