Sunday, May 19, 2019
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
WCD Advisory Board Meeting (at the Santa Clara Marriott)
*Advisory Board Members only
2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Chapter Chair Meeting (at the Santa Clara Marriott)
*Chapter Chairs only
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Pre-Institute Welcome Dinner at the Tech Museum of Innovation
Monday, May 20, 2019
All sessions are held at HPE unless otherwise noted.
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Pre-Institute Session 1
2019 Private and Family Company Governance Institute
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Pre-Institute Session 2
Emerging Tech Trends Directors Need to Know About
• What’s Next? Visionary Technology Trends
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Pre-Institute Session 3
Pearl Meyer: Executive and Board Compensation Trends
8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Pre-Institute Session 4 (at the Santa Clara Marriott)
Aspiring Directors Summit: Strategies to Secure a Board Seat
12:00 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Opening of Global Institute
- Susan C. Keating (United States), CEO, WCD Foundation
1:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Opening Keynote Address
- Antonio Neri (United States), President & CEO, Hewlett Packard
- An introduction by: Maggie Wilderotter (United States), Director, Ardent Health Services, Cadence Design Systems, Costco Wholesale Corporation, DocuSign, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Lyft, and Tanium; WCD Member, Advisory Board Member and 2016 Visionary Award Winner
2:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m.
Panel 1: It’s About Time: Sisters Doing it for Themselves in Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Nancy Pfund (Moderator) (United States), Founder and Managing Partner, DBL Partners; Director, Farmers Business Network, The Daily Muse, Inc., Advanced Microgrid Solutions, Off-Grid Electric, PowerGenix Corp., and Primus Power; WCD Chapter Chair
- Julie Allegro (United States), Founder and Managing Partner, FYRFLY Ventures
- Hollie Moore Haynes (United States), Founder and Managing Partner, Luminate Capital Partners
- Cynthia Ringo (United States), Partner, DBL Partners
- Shally Shanker (United States), Founder and Managing Partner, AiiM
3:10 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
A Conversation with Claudio Del Vecchio (Italy), Chairman and CEO of Brooks Brothers Group, Inc.; Director, National Retail Federation
Interviewed by: Marina Brogi (Italy), Director, Mediaset and Salini Impregilo; Full Professor of International Banking and Capital Markets, Sapienza University; WCD Family Business Co-chair, WCD Chapter Chair and WCD Advisory Board Member
4:00 p.m. - 4:50 p.m.
Panel 2: DEBATE: Do Legislated Quotas Work; Should the U.S. Continue to Adopt Them?
- Betsy Berkhemer Credaire (United States), CEO, 2020 Women on Boards and CEO, Berkhemer Clayton, Inc.; WCD Member
- Sarah Payne (United States), Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Ana Zambelli (Brazil), Director, Petrobras; WCD Member
4:50 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Evelyn Dilsaver (United States), Director, HealthEquity, Tempur Sealy International, Blue Shield of California; WCD Advisory Board Member and 2019 Global Institute Co-chair
Closing Day 1
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Visionary Awards Reception (at the Santa Clara Marriott)
7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Visionary Awards Dinner (at the Santa Clara Marriott)
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
7:45 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Registration, Networking and Breakfast
8:45 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.
Opening of Day 2
8:50 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.
9:20 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Panel 3: Culture Shock-Board Oversight in a #MeToo Era
- Wendy Webb (United States), Director, Wynn Resorts, ABM Industries, American Homes; WCD Member
- Ana Paula Pessoa (Brazil), Former Chief Financial Officer, Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games; Director, Crédit Suisse, News Corp. and Vinci; Member of the Consulting Board for TNC Brasil (The Nature Conservancy); Chair and Partner of Kunumi Technologies; WCD Member
- Ora Fisher (United States), Vice Chair, Latham & Watkins
10:45 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
A Conversation with Jim Coulter (United States), Partner and Co-CEO, TPG Capital LP; Director, J. Crew Group, Philz Coffee, and Rodan + Fields LLC
Interviewed by Debbie Messemer (United States), Director, Carbon 3D, Allogene Therapeutics, PayPal Holdings, Retired Managing Partner, KPMG LLP; WCD Member
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Panel 4: Augmented Intelligence, Friend or Foe?
- Holly Dockery (Moderator) (United States), Deputy Vice President, International Homeland and Nuclear Security Programs, Sandia National Laboratories; WCD BoardNext Member
- Liz Centoni (United States), GM, Internet of Things, Cisco
- Nelda Connors (United States), Director, Delphi Technologies, Enersys, Echo Global Logistics, and Boston Scientific Corp; WCD Member
- Emma Maconick (United States), Partner, Shearman and Sterling
- Maureen K. Ohlhausen (United States), Partner, Baker Botts; former Acting Chair of the Federal Trade Commission
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
1:40 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Panel 5: Champions of Diversity-the Impact of Nominating Committees
- Kapila Anand (Moderator) (United States), Director, Extended Stay America, Inc., ESH Hospitality, Omega Healthcare Investors, and Elanco Animal Health, Inc.; Retired Partner and Senior Advisor, KPMG LLP; Lead Director, WCD Foundation; and WCD Chapter Chair
- Ben Holzemer (United States) Partner and Head of Global Human Capital, TPG Capital, L.P.
- Gaby Sulzberger (United States), Co-founder, Rustic Canyon/Fontis Partners LP; Director, MasterCard and Brixmor Property Group; WCD Advisory Board Member
2:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Panel 6: What will Transportation Look Like 2020 - 2030?
3:40 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Panel 7: From Global Payments to Patient Records- The Growing Applications for Blockchain
- Tegan Keele (Moderator) (United States), Director & US Blockchain Program Lead, KPMG
- Cheemin Bo-Linn (Moderator) (United States), CEO and President of Peritus Partners Inc.; Director, Sphere3d and Snomed International; WCD Chapter Chair
- Matthew LeMerle (United States), Co-founder and Managing Partner of Fifth Era and of Keiretsu Capital; Investor and Board Director; Speaker and Author
- Mario Nava (European Union), Director of the European Commission’s Directorate General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union
4:45 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
A Conversation with a Leading Executive
5:40 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Group Networking Reception
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Group Dinner at HPE
Closing Day 2
Wednesday, May 22, 2019: Breakfast and Silicon Valley Live!
8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Breakfast with Keynote(at the Santa Clara Marriott)
9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Silicon Valley Live! Tech Company Experiences