Sunday, May 19, 2019
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Welcome Dinner at the Tech Museum of Innovation
Monday, May 20, 2019
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Registration and Networking
8:00 a.m. – 8:05 a.m.
Opening of the Private and Family Company Governance Institute
8:05 a.m. – 8:35 a.m.
Keynote: Powering Private Companies
- Victoria Mars (Invited) (United States), Chairman of Mars, Inc.
8:35 a.m. – 9:25 a.m.
Panel 1: Venture Capital: Breaking the Barriers
- Shivani Sopory (Moderator) (United States), Partner, Audit, KPMG
- Mariafrancesca Carli (Invited) (United States), Managing Director, BDT & Company; Director, MIT Sloan North America Executive Board, the Bocconi Alumni Board of New York and Italian Business and Investment Initiative Advisory Board
- Gaby Perez (Invited), Partner, NextGen Ventures
9:25 a.m. – 9:40 a.m.
9:40 a.m. – 10:10 a.m.
From Mission Impossible to Mission Alignment
- Melanie Schnoll-Begun (United States), Head of Philanthropy Management, Morgan Stanley
10:10 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Panel 2: Navigating Complex IT Environments to Achieve Corporate Success
- Alberto Sangiovanni Vincentelli (Invited) (United States)
Professor, Berkley; Co-founder, Cadence Design Systems and
- Olga Botero (Invited) (Colombia), Founder and Managing Director, C&S Customers and Strategy; Senior Advisor, BCG the Boston Consulting Group; Independent Director, Evertec, Inc.; Advisory Board, Intralinks HLA and Interbank; WCD Chapter Chair
11:00 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.
11:10 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Panel 3: Insider Threats and Betrayal: How to Survive and Thrive
- Susan C. Keating (Moderator) (United States), CEO, WCD Foundation
- Susan Remmer Ryzewic (United States), President, CEO, and Director, EHR Investments, Inc.; Director, The Remmer Family Foundation Inc., Cabot Wellington, LLC, and University of North Florida Foundation; WCD Chapter Chair, WCD Family Business Council Co–chair, and WCD Advisory Board Member
- Susan Stautberg (United States), Chair Emeritus and Co-founder,
WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD) Foundation; Co-author, Women
- Davia Temin (United States), President and CEO, Temin and Company; Board Member of Swarthmore College and Advisor to other university boards; WCD Member
12:00 p.m. – 12:05 p.m.
Closing of the Private and Family Company Governance Institute